Add 'wiki' link to vote for a question to be wiki
I know about similar rejected suggestions:
- "Edit question/post to Wiki Community" (http://stackoverflow.uservoice.com/pages/general/suggestions/39868-edit-question-post-to-wiki-community)
- and Add 'Wiki Voting' (http://stackoverflow.uservoice.com/pages/general/suggestions/106409-add-wiki-voting-)
Each time, it is rejected for the "rep denial" reason, so... here is my version.
Instead of getting good pools or fun questions closed, because the author did not make it as wiki, add a ' make wiki' link.
That 'wiki' link will (after 4 votes like the 'close' link) convert the QUESTION (only the question) in wiki mode:
- all subsequent answers will be wiki by default.
- All previous answers remain the same (no "rep denial" here)
As a final "anti rep-denial" argument:
- the author can REVERT at anytime the wiki status imposed by the community,
- and the community can vote to make a wiki question "non-wiki" again (like 're-open' after a close). Note: that would not apply to questions *initially* posted as wiki: nothing change for those.
posts are already forced into wiki mode when a certain number of edits are made. questions are forced into wiki mode when > 30 answers are entered.
@Shog9: nobody has the patience to do that. In practice, it is not how that kind of process is played out. Hence the wiki/un-wiki' mode. Click on a link is much easier than edit or "touch" message. One or two might edit the post, but 4 has already clicked on "close"...
You can always just post a sufficient number of crap answers to force the thread into CW mode.
I forgot about the reputation threshold needed to see that 'wiki' link: it could be equal to the one needed to 'close/reopen' a question, or it could be higher. Anyway, it should not be available for the *all** community, obviously.
Suggested on January, 23rd
(comment left only to remember myself to write in a month begging SO team to close this suggestion, if it gets no activity on it ;) )