don't enter anything here

Noobs should be able to comment on answers to own question

Users are not allowed to comment until they have a reputation of 50. This means that the only way users with reps under 50 can communicate is by updating their question when a directed comment my be more appropriate.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  codinghorrorcodinghorror responded  · 

this is already possible and has been for months. if you own the question you can leave comments even with 1 rep.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RichBRichB commented  · 

@Kip: They can edit their question though. There is no excuse to leave the answer.

• brendanerwinbrendanerwin commented  · 

oops, sorry, I should have read the item here better. Ignore my previous comment, it makes no sense here.

• brendanerwinbrendanerwin commented  · 

If a comment is left by a newbie user you should have the question owner/asker moderate the comment. That way the noob could leave the comment (instead of a bogus answer) but the asker of the question can protect his question from spam.

• cletuscletus commented  · 

Yeah you need 15 rep before you can even upvote a question too. If I see a n00b posting decent questions nad they have under 50 rep )50 for comments) I'll pretty much just vote up their stuff regardless because not being able to comment is a real problem.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base