don't enter anything here

Implementing a “Circle of Trust” Algorithm

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/188221/implementing-a-circle-of-trust-algorithm -
Through my experiences with StackOverflow I have come to approach reading answers to questions in quite a different way than I had originally. I go through the Questions and select the ones I find interesting, then scan through the posts for the handles of Community Members whom have provided, what I consider, the best Answers in the past; irrespective of the voting system. We can now Star our favourites which is a nice addition; so say I Star a Question, then pick up its RSS feed, and I also subscribe to the RSS feed of a Community Members whom I trust with respect to certain tags... I should then be able to cross-reference the Questions I am interested in, and the people I most trust to provide a valid answer.

Isn't this cross-referencing achievable using a RSS feed aggregator already ?

I don't really want to circumvent the SO experience, and my knowledge of AJAX is nil, but couldn't I then insert the consolidated posts from my "Circle of Trust" above all the other posts ...

Ultimately, I think the principals of this Question go beyond the bounds of being specifically about SO, it is something that would actually encourage me to use RSS in relation to many websites.

(from user http://stackoverflow.com/users/4857/ande-turner)

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    origamiorigami shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  codinghorrorcodinghorror responded  · 

nice idea but a bit too.. facebook-y.. for my tastes. hopefully the rep scores that appear next to the names will be enough here.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...