don't enter anything here

distribute unaccepted bounty among all answers

Bounty questions where the original poster does not accept an answer currently assign half the offered bounty points to the single answer with the highest vote score (it's unspecified what happens if more than one answer has the same highest score).

I propose that the unassigned bounty (all of it, not just half) be distributed among the authors of all the answers to the question, in proportion to the answer vote scores at the time the bounty ends (for answers with a vote score of at least 1). So if one answer got 9 votes and the other got 1, then the top answer would get 90% of the bounty and the other 10%. Similarly, for multiple answers the points would be distributed proportionally.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ghewgillghewgill shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

    1 comment

    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • buyutecbuyutec commented  · 

        This will encourage crappy answers to flood the questions because if an answer somehow manages to get one up vote, it will get some share from the total bounty.

      General

      Feedback and Knowledge Base